Ystrdy, in the induction, a young man entered the room and introduced himself as the Quality 'Manager'..and i was wondering WHERE have I seen him... after scratching my head for a few seconds it dawned that I taught him computers like 5 years ago in a freakin small god forsaken town !!! I clearly remembered what a frikin fool he was back then! oh crap!
And there he was.... 5 years later yapping about Six Sigma stuff...holding an audience of 100 in awe! And there i was, his teacher...almost 4 yrs senior to him and still struggling to reach somewhere close to a anything that even sounds like 'manager'.
I tried to make PC with the mr. small-town-made it-big (STMB) to know if he was an MBA (it always consoles me somehow...its normal for MBAs to jump in as managers! huh!),
Me- hey, were u in studying at niit sometime?
SMTB- (Grinning) Yes, and you are pallavi, right?
Me- (Nodding) Yes, oh so u remm me?
SMTB- Ofcourse, how are you....etc etc etc
After 2 minutes
Me- (sounding very casual) So when did u finish your MBA?
SMTB- MBA? No, I dint do any MBA. And what about you..?
Me- (Yap ..yap.. yap....yap....)
SMTB- OK! So, what level have u joined at?
Me- (Meekly) E
SMTB- WOW...thats awesome.. so which division are u heading??
Me- (looking foolish and lost) Err...what?
SMTB- A is like a VP right?
Me- (meeker than ever!) - I said E!
SMTB- (trying to hide a surprise) Oh!
Me- (Cutting corners) Catch u later!
SMTB- Yeah sure... by the way, I joined here last year...and was about to leave..so they promoted me and gave me a raise..!
ME- Umm..oh...nice (sounding far from nice)
SMTB- (with a glitter in his eyes) I said ok yaar... its not bad to earn 35k when u have no family to support!
Me- Hmm..Oh...i had to make a call...!
SMTB- Oh, catch u .....
DAMN! DAMN DAMN!
)*%#)%#@)%@)8#($#")#%*)(&#()#&%#(&%P#@(^&
PS- Ppl who are grumpy abt their MBA frnds earning 7 lakhs...beat this! Hmph!
1 comment:
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
Post a Comment