Monday, January 16, 2006

Zin, Da!

After a lot of shilly-shallying to go to a movie theatre - as the smell of popcorn and movie theatres takes me to a different level of nostalgia, and can even get close to nausea at times - I finally saw a movie yesterday...had originally planned to go for 'King the Kong' but landed up watching 'Zinda'..not that I really go by the crappy reviews in TOI...but it had exceptionally good rating of 4 stars out of 5..! Well, here's my review:

All I can say is that Sanjay Gupta looked very inspired by Mr. Tarantino.. so much so, that he even let Sanjay Dutt use the same sword in the climax sequence..and Sanjay Dutt obliged by chopping off an arm..seemed like they were trying hard to match up to the level of gross violence..! Here's what Sanjay (the Gupta) must be thinking:

Hmm...let''s see what all body parts can we chop in this movie...let's start with the head, then how about extracting some teeth...umm...let's be as gross with tooth extraction as we can..let's use a hammer, then how about one hand chopped, ummm..we need some more..umm..ok..use an electric drill to drill as many people as we can(let's use a variety of tools..that'll be original), umm...wot else...okay one arm...umm...(* running out of ideas with tools*)....ok what the heck..get the Kill-Bill sword..!! That's it.. I think Indian audiences will not be able to bear any more!

The rest of it was very usual...good camera handling and pretty different 'treatment' as they say...! Quite Hollywoodish! Sanjay Dutt even says a very audible 'behenchod' in the movie..and I think wahin pe junta ke paise wasool ho gaye they!

I found the climax pretty funny..sorry Mr. Gupta, the attempt to make the audience cry was wasted..atleast on me..I thought it was pretty dumb..it was like..
what the heck man..after building all that suspense..now what do we tell the audience??
ok..everyone think..(time running out...)
ok, you school boy with raging hormones...we'll go with your idea!


...!urrgh...! see it for yourself...am not going into any further details!
Good try..but hey Bollywood..let's keep the focus on being original!
However, I guess the people enjoyed.. came out all grinning!

By the way, I hate the B'lore crowd...they are as bad as the Delhi crowd when it comes to leching...some even worse...caught one clicking a photograph of my butt with his camera phone..grinning from ear to ear (motherfucker!). Felt like using the electric drill on him..saala *beep* beep*beep.*

2 comments:

Arun negi said...

hey i did'nt know it was a copy.
but all said n done was a nice welcome change for indian audience.
even teh tone used in the movie appeared different and yes the expletive sure a surprise,wonder how it passed the censor board

Kshitij KK Khurana said...

haha... dats one of my fav movies! I loved it big time.